Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Full Bellies. :)

I ran out of dishwasher packets the other day.  Now I could have hand washed the dishes but seriously, can you really picture me standing at the sink, apron-clad, scrubbing away?  Nope!  They sure did sit there for a day and a half until I made it to the store to pick up more little packets.  My first official backslide since I started this quest to do better.  Didn't take long, did it.  :(  But now the kitchen is put back together and I'm determined to be less terrible, so I look to my friend the slow cooker for another easy dinner.  This time I made Sweet Pepper Chicken from the Slow Cooker book by Taste of Home.  And yes, that's the same book as last time, and a few of the same ingredients as well.  For instance, I only bought one red and one green pepper and split them between this recipe and the last one.  Just chop them up and freeze them until you need them.  :)

Sweet Pepper Chicken


This has got to be my favorite recipe so far, and considering this is 3 good ones in a row, I'm a little nervous about trying another one.  How long can such good fortune hold out?  It was thick and creamy, definitely comfort food, but nice enough to serve if you have someone over for dinner. I didn't change anything about this one, just made it straight out of the book.  Then I found their website!  Oh, how I love technology.  You can find the recipe here.

1 comment: