Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Re-fashion"

This used to be my favorite shirt in high school.  Which is actually kind of funny because after much searching I could not produce a single photograph of me in this shirt, but believe me, I wore it a lot.  I like it so much that I have held onto it for 10 years, long after having a baby and eating about a million Oreos that guarantee I will never be able to wear it again.
But when I found this "refashion" tutorial for turning a t-shirt into a baby sleeper gown I finally saw the purpose of packing and repacking this comfy shirt through the years.


In the tutorial there are little flaps on the ends of the sleeves so you can fold the baby's hands inside them to prevent them from scratching at their face with tiny, dagger-like baby claws.  I left these off because my son was so long and skinny as a baby that those kinds of things never worked right for him.  So instead I turned the scraps into little mittens.  :D

So cute!  And really soft after my years of off-camera wear.

1 comment: